How about some Sun-dried Tomato Minestrone to start off 2018?
And just like that a whole new year is upon us. It’s just another day, yet oddly full of wonderment. Any one out there make New Year’s Resolutions? I do, but at the same time, I don’t.
Raise you hand if you make a resolution to eat better every time a new year rolls around? Keep your hand up if you keep that resolution past January 31st.
Don’t feel bad if you lowered your hand. I mean, you’re only human.
Instead of setting goals once a year, I make them as go. As I live and breathe, I am constantly learning and growing. That is the only way I stay motivated to reach my goals, especially when it comes to healthy eating. I find that I need a consistent stream of inspiration and ideas to feed my creativity.
I challenge you to think of healthy eating as something you work toward every day. Not in the sense that you only eat carrots and drink green juice- that would not be very healthy. You would be missing out on so many other important things: healthy fat, whole grains, fruit, and protein to name a few.
Make little resolutions every day to eat another healthy meal, to snack on something your body will thrive on. And don’t forget to surround yourself with inspiration that helps you keep your resolutions. Sticking around here will guarantee you food that is healthy and delicious. 😉
Speaking of healthy and delicious… This recipe is 100% both and you’ll be getting much more:
- So many veggies!
- Whole Grains (just look at that fiber content↡)
- A little healthy fat
- A bit of plant protein (thanks beans)
- 30 minutes is all it takes
- it’s even plant-based, people! (“Let’s eat more plants!”- is basically my life motto)
One more thing before get cooking. Thank YOU for your support. Your comments, messages, likes, shares, and views mean so much to me. YOU were one of the very best parts of the growth A Nourished Life experienced in 2017.Thanks for sticking around and believing in me.
Cheers to YOU and to the New Year! Happy 2018!
30-Minute, Plant-based, Sun-dried Tomato Minestrone
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, diced
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1.5 cups Carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 Medium Zucchini, quartered and diced
- 8 ounces Sun-dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Great Northern Beans
- 1 (14-15 oz. can) can Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Nutritonal Yeast (optional)
- 6 cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp. Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 tbsp. Minced Fresh Oregano
- 1.5 cups Dry Whole Wheat Fusilli Pasta
- 1.5 (packed) cups Spinach
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- In a large stockpot, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over Medium/High heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, zucchini, and sun-dried tomatoes and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the canned beans, canned tomatoes, nutritional yeast, broth, herbs and boil for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the dry pasta and spinach, covering and simmering for another 12 minutes.
- Stir in the pepper and serve.
Pin It for later↡