These Chocolate Mint Avocado Cookies are equal parts chocolate-filled wonder and ooey-gooey goodness. Their delightful, fudge-y, cake-like texture is unlike any other dessert. Truly, they are pure heaven and these cookies are serious business because you know by now that I don’t joke about chocolate!
WAIT. Hold up. Double take.
Avocado???… is she serious? DON’T LEAVE! I can explain.
The avocado acts in place of any butter, shortening or oil you would normally use in a cookie recipe. Avocados offer monounsaturated fats (heart-healthy fats), fiber , vitamin K, folate and so many other things that you get from other fat sources. (I’m all about those healthy fats and vitamins!)
But wait. It’s get even better. You only need 7 ingredients and 30 minutes. That’s right. You are just 30 MINUTES away from chewy, gooey, cocoa paradise.
They are still cookies, though. So, I wouldn’t go making them your morning meal or anything (I’ve never done that 😁 ).
Because these Chocolate Mint Avocado Cookies are avocado-based you may not know what to expect. Here are a two important notes:
- First off, this dough is more of a batter. It’s very sticky and cake-batter-like because of the avocado. As a result, the cookies are a bit more delicate and tend to stick to the pan and to each other. Moral of the story: be sure to grease your baking sheet!
- Once your cookies have cooled, store them in the refrigerator or freezer. You may even want to separate your layers with wax paper. I haven’t had too much trouble with these cookies sticking and freezing to one another since updating this recipe (what you’re reading is the updated version). But, anything is possible and you wouldn’t want to leave your cookies all in perfect circular portions and come back to one massive lump of gooey chocolate- true story from when I first stared developing this recipe. In the very least, don’t stack them on top of each other. One layer high is the way to go.
These Chocolate Avocado Cookies are truly, pure heaven. This recipe will give you cookies that are equal parts chocolate-filled wonder and ooey-gooey goodness.
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs (or Chia Seed Eggs)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup Andes Mints (what I typically use), Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter Chips etc...
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the cubed avocado and sugar into a blender or food processor, mixing until the sugar is well incorporated and you have formed a light green paste-like consistency.
Add the eggs to the blender/food processor and mix until combined.
Place the avocado mixture into a medium mixing bowl.
By hand, mix in the cocoa powder, flour and baking soda.
Add the baking chips.
Transfer the batter onto the (lightly greased) baking sheet in 1 tablespoon portions. *The batter will be very gooey- no worries. They will turn out and you're doing great!
Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes and let them cool for about 10 minutes.
Store in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 3 weeks.