These homemade granola bites are a great mid-afternoon snack, quick breakfast or sweet dessert.
Who likes chewy granola bars? Me. Me. Me. I can’t resist the soft texture, packed with all kinds of flavors, whole grains, and other nutrients. That’s really the only way I’ll eat them– chewy, hearty and full of flavor.
But it’s confession time over here… I have granola bar commitment issues. *da da da*
I was looking at the endless selection in the grocery store and I just couldn’t find one I was excited about. Not one of them stood out to me and you know how many shelves of granola bars there are. SO MANY. Did I have unreasonable expectations? I don’t think so. I thought, surely, I could find something relatively low in sugar, with tons of whole grains, and unique flavors.
I thought wrong.
Chocolate caramel sounded great, but *uff* that sugar! Three words. Through. The. Roof. There’s always oatmeal raisin or honey nut, which would have been fine, but… *snore*. BORING. Let’s face it, store-bought granola bars are basically just cookies (perfectly fine on occasion, but I was looking for a healthy energy boost).
I wanted peanut butter, banana and oats with pumpkin seeds, coconut, and a few white chocolate chips for good measure. 🙌🏼 Yum-am I right? I also wanted something bite size (cute, little and easy to grab ‘n go). So, that’s what I made! These homemade granola bites are packed with fruit, protein, fiber, healthy fat, and EN-ER-GY.
But wait! There’s more. This recipe is a great base for any kind of homemade granola bites you want to make. It’s perfect for those of us who frequently change our minds. Not feeling peanut butter today? Use almond or cashew butter. Had enough pumpkin seeds and dried cherries? Try chopped pistachios and dried apricots. Cinnamon, nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice would also be delightful additions… just saying.
Deliciousness is your hands.
Homemade White Chocolate Coconut Granola Bites
- 1 Medium-sized Ripe Banana
- 2/3 cup Creamy or Crunchy Peanut Butter (cashew, almond, or mixed nut butter)
- 3 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 2 cups Old Fashion/Rolled Oats
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds (or the chopped nuts of your choice)
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/3-1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips (regular chcocolate chips, diced dried fruit
- Add the banana, peanut butter, maple syrup, salt, and oats to your food processor and process until very well combined.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Separate the mixture and form 12 even spheres. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks.