This Indian Spiced Salmon is my absolute favorite thing to do with salmon! Seriously, it is hands down the best spice blend you will ever put in your mouth.
If you are not a fan of salmon, this blend of spices can just as easily be sprinkled atop another fish, over shrimp or chicken.
This recipe is simple, only a few steps long, and it takes less than 10 minutes. If you are ready to sample some of what India uses to flavor their foods, then this is the dish for you.
Salmon is a very nutritious source of protein. Not only does it contain the ever beneficial omega-3 fatty acids for our brain, heart and joint functions, it is also full of various B vitamins, vitamin D, phosphorus and selenium.
Without further adieu…
Indian Spiced Salmon
- 4 whole 5-6 ounce salmon filets (with or without skin--it's up to you)
- 2 TB. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. grounds cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 TB. cilantro (or more if your a cilantro freak like me)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet (skin side down--if that applies to you) and pour lime juice evenly over the filets.
- Combine salt, ginger, coriander, cumin, cinnamon and black pepper in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over each filet.
- Bake the salmon on the middle rack for about 10 minutes or until the inside registered at least 145 degree Farenheit.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top just before serving.*serve with grilled asparagus or zuchinni and mushrooms with a side of wild rice.