If you’re anything like this family, you have leftover Thanksgiving turkey in your refrigerator, which is great! I mean, I don’t have to cook for days and after such a grand feast (and all that time spent doing dishes– blah!), we all need to kick back for a few days.
Leftovers are the best when it comes to this fall holiday.
Except for one thing: I get bored.
I get bored with the same cranberries and mashed potatoes over and over and over again. I get bored with turkey for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think I dreamt about turkey last night. That is how much a part of my life it is right now. Yes, these leftovers are yummy and so easy (they’re literally just sitting there waiting to be consumed), but I’ve eaten them for 4 days and it’s time for something new.
Here is a bright and fresh lunch idea that transforms your leftover turkey into something even more delicious—if that’s even possible!
This Leftover Turkey Salad Sandwich recipe offers:
- Lean protein
- Whole grain depending on your bread choice
- Healthy fat, because, you know…. AVOCADOS! 🥑🥑🥑 (I dislike mayo and this was the obvious solution)
It is very simple and easy to adjust. You can mix and match whatever leftovers are in your refrigerator: leftover cranberries, a little stuffing or some baked squash– you name it, it will be delicious!
Got 10 minutes? You are just a chop, mix, and a serve away from finishing up those Thanksgiving leftovers.
Leftover Turkey Salad Sandwhiches
- 1 cup Diced Turkey
- 1 cup Diced Celery
- 1/2 cup Diced Sweet or Red Onion
- 2 Mashed Avocados
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro to top (optional)
- any other leftovers (optional)-- cranberries, stuffing, baked squash...
- Chop all the ingredients.
- Mix them together in a bowl.
- Serve open face or sandwich style on your favorite bread or rolls.