YES! I love it when dinner is as simple as tossing a bunch of stuff in a crockpot. Needless to say, this dish is pretty easy and completely delicious.
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 3 hours
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium red onion, sliced and halved
2 lb. sliced chicken breast (~3 in. by 1 in.)
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. crushed red pepper
1/3 cup low sodium teriyaki sauce
3 TB. rice vinegar or white vinegar
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ red cabbage head, thinly sliced
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 TB. lime juice
1 TB. olive oil
*green onion, cilantro, unsalted peanuts to top
*serve with rice noodles or jasmine rice
- Layer cut chicken in the slow cooker.
- Top with garlic and onions.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Pour teriyaki sauce the ingredients in the slow cooker and mix together.
- Cook on low for 2 hours.
- Cut the red bell pepper and add to the slow cooker.
- Cook for another 30-45 minutes.
- In a large skillet, sauté red cabbage in olive oil until tender and set aside.
- Turn off slow cooker and add both the peanut butter and lime juice to slow cooker. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve with sauce spooned over the top, rice noodles or jasmine rice and top with chopped green onion, chopped cilantro, and unsalted peanuts.